Over 30 years experience
Mark K. Goldstein, Ph.D. has extensive experience in forensic work in the specialty of chemical toxicology, health and effects, fire analysis, and development of patents and sensor products in detection and safety, and in expert witness service and investigations.
Expert in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
Investigations in failure analysis, cause and health effects from carbon monoxide poisoning. Additional forensic work in health effects from the nuclear fuel cycle, and experience in combustion, rocket fuel, ammonium perchlorate, toxicology, hydrocarbons and other chemicals. In litigation, Dr. Goldstein has done work for both plaintiff and defense.
He has been an expert on several high profile cases involving fire analysis and carbon monoxide poisoning. Selected case highlights
Dr Goldstein has published widely in professional realms including the areas of:
Selected published papers
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning in litigation matters in wrongful death, short and long term health effects
- Forensic fire analysis including criminal cases and aspects in explosives, arson CO poisoning, insurance fraud
- Expert in safety standards, and design analysis and consultation in product upgrades for carbon monoxide safety
- Product design and manufacturing in ventilation controls, shut-off controls, sensor and alarm devices. Quantum Group Inc.
Education and Professional Work
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL.
- Founder and past president of the Carbon Monoxide Safety and Health Association (COSHA).
- Served on Underwriters Laboratory's Standards Technical Panel (STP) of experts and is currently serving on both STP for UL2034 and STP for UL2075 panels for carbon monoxide alarms.
- Dr. Goldstein has spoken at professional conferences including Department of Energy (DOE), International conferences in Japan and France.
- Taught Chemistry at the University of Hawaii, University of Miami, and Indian Valley College.
Product Design and Manufacturing
Dr. Goldstein has developed more than 40 patents in the sensor products and safety areas, and has international experience with sensor engineering and manufacturing companies, including companies in Japan.
Dr. Goldstein is the founder, president and CEO of Quantum Group Inc., which develops, manufactures and sells carbon monoxide alarms and sensors as well as forensic consulting.
Quantum Group Inc.
Mark K. Goldstein, Ph.D. is based in Southern California, and is available to work throughout the country.
- Phone: 858 566 9959 ext. 17
- Email: email@example.com
- Office address: 2248 Del Mar Heights Rd, Del Mar, CA 92014